Goals, plans and mission statements are valuable management tools that will guide you through your management journey and will ensure that you do not fall asleep at the wheel.
Here are some action steps to take that I recommend you take over the weekend -
- Consider where you are currently at. How are your job, your goals and your life progressing?
- Write down some short term goals that you can achieve in the next four weeks.
- Write down some goals that you want to achieve in the next 12 months.
- Read a biography or two. Find someone inspirational and who will challenge you (Richard Branson or Queen Noor). Summarise the key points of their life and consider the decisions they made that set them on a new path.
- Write yourself a new personal mission statement. Think about who you are and what you want to achieve in your lifetime.
"From a little spark may burst a flame". Dante.