For the middle manager there is no real method of being able to accept change upwards.
So what do you do? Change yourself.
- Attitude - your attitude determines your altitude.
- Goals - define who you want to be, and where you want to go.
- Direction - think for yourself, understand the bigger organisation and consider where you fit in and if you can make incremental changes at your level.
- Communication - be honest and open. Let those above you know that you would like more openness and a knowledge of where things are going.
- Patience - don't be in a rush. Good things take time.
There are no silver bullet remedies for work situations that you have no control over. But you can control your attitude and your responses!