Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Customer Service Lesson


I need to buy a present for my wife for her birthday. I have a pretty good idea of what she likes, so I went to the local jeweller's store.
At the time I was there, I found something I liked but I wasn't prepared to buy it at the time I was there. So what happened?
The salesperson took my details and offered to invite me back to a VIP sale they are having.
I wasn't fobbed off or left to go somewhere else. I was looked after and given an opportunity to return to the store to get a way better deal than the original offer.
Okay the note is basic. But - it is personal, hand written and it means a lot that some one took the time to write to me and followed up on their word. Had they have sent me a flash looking, obvious database letter - I would have ignored it.

Businesses and people in general could learn a lot from this young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails