It is important to know when your time is up. Time to move on and seek out new ventures.
It is also important to know when to wait for further opportunities.
How do you know when your time is up? Try these pointers -
- Boredom. Your job holds little or no interest.
- Lack of appreciation. You aren't being rewarded for your efforts.
- No drive. You just can't be bothered going to work and start to take more and more sick days off.
- Lack of career movement. Been stuck in your role for too long? A sure sign.
- Not getting any more authority. Think you deserve it but aren't getting it?
I consider all of these as signals that your time may be up. Exiting correctly is another blog post subject that I will follow up on at a later time.