While this video is centred mainly on the development of an online course there are quite a few lessons in this video that go wider. Here is what I picked up -
- Online development isn't instant. Rome wasn't built in a day.
- Online anything takes, time, work and practice. Practice makes perfect.
- Have a road map or development plan and stick to it. Cutting corners at the beginning will only mean that you will have to correct those mistakes again later.
- If you are doing something online - ask an expert for help.
- If you are going to create something - make it great!
- Just because you have done well in printed media absolutely does not mean you will have what it takes to make it in an online medium.
- Don't be overawed by others trying to use their postition as leverage to get you to give in.
- Just because it's online doesn't mean that it is going to be engaging.
- Don't mess with a female with pink or red hair!