Thursday, February 3, 2011

Graduation day - when it really counts

Graduation day is upon us.  For the 400 plus students who are attending the graduation ceremony - this is a fantastic achievement.  (Note - there are hundreds of students who were successful but have chosen not to attend).

Graduation day is the time when students get to say - "I did it.  I didn't do it my own but I did it.  And it was worth it!" 

I tip my hat to the organisers and the volunteers who make days like this special and have value.

What happens now and where the students go from here is up to them.  I as a staff member have completed my role with those people at this time.  The file is closed the students are gone - time to move on.

But have the students really gone?  Has my input really come to a close?  This question resonates with me both as a philosophical question and a practical one.

What do we do when our customers have finished their transaction?  Where does the relationship between the service provider and the client/customer finish?

In my view - graduation is not the final point of contact.  Not at all.  The relationships between people their products and the suppliers should be seamless and continual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails