Orcon have very successfully made the move to capturing the essence of the social media forum and have translated it nicely into a new TV advertising campaign.
What did they do?
- Hired a big name star to be the face of their campaign.
- Asked everyday people to create a video application for themselves.
- The 'star' critiqued the applications down to a manageable number = 10.
- The star and his new crew video linked together to record the song.
Why does it work?
- Brand leverage. By using a popular cult music star people became interested.
- Offering people an opportunity of a life time. At what other time could the average person interact with or even record a song with their star?
- Interaction. Everyday people interact and create history.
This was a fabulous idea that perfectly captures the move towards social media advertising. The best part is Orcon have merged social media advertising along with television advertising.
10 out of 10!